Hunter - Dallas, Texas

I believe that music is not the noise that people listen to but the purest form of expression an artist can make. I also believe that the cookie cutter stuff that the music industry spits out is not music and the bums that play it aren’t musicians. Musicians are those who play music to make music not those who do it for the money. Just like televangelists that preach for the dollar if you sing for the company of wealth and material goods you will find nothing but emptiness and your work won’t be remembered as classics. Motzart and Beethoven are remembered because they composed from their souls. I’m not saying that real musicians can’t make money because they do. Artists need to love making music or their existence is worthless. It’s very easy to tell who loves it and who doesn’t. ZZ Top and Eric Clapton play because they express themselves and love what they do but they have more money than they’ll ever need. Eric Clapton expresses a wide range of his emotions from his love in “Layla” to his grief and sorrow from the death of his son in “Tears in Heaven” and this expression is why he is remembered as one of the greatest guitarists of all time. ZZ Top has been playing for longer than I have been alive and they still have the same beards and the same manager they have always had. They enjoy what they do and that’s why they are and should be remembered.