Veronica - Lancaster, California

I believe that the growth outside ones self is more important to the inner self than anything else. The courage to be objective and denounce subjectivity at the right time was something that brought a bitter feud between my child and me to an end. I always thought that I was a great mother. I was loving, patient, warm, kind, gentle. Not only did I think this of myself but the people who knew me also praised my role as mother. Then my child grew into adulthood and had her own child and suddenly that role was dismissed and I became an enemy to her. The more that I tried all known tools and tactics that I had always applied the further apart we became. Until finally the feud erupted into a very bitter incident that left us estranged for the next two years. During that time I searched every source I could find to penetrate the anger that she felt against me and resolve the disappointment that I had in her. Finally, I came to a stop sign in the road that simply said let her go whether you understand her or not. Find your own peace and embrace it. Once this was done I could not be hurt again or since. We are in a new place and will act towards each other as never before, but I believe that this is how it must be. Maybe there will be a new and wonderful relationship that is born from this experience.