Lonas - Sandy Hook, Connecticut

One of the true miracles on this planet earth is the human body and mind. How can so many people,different in many ways,yet the same in many more survive peacefully on one planet?

The answer for some is complicated,for others impossible,and still there are others who keep trying.

Just listen to the news for one day and you can see the many differences in people that problems do exsist.

For myself I practice the old slogan,”live and let live”.

What do I mean by this? My way of life,my actions,my words should not bring physical or mental harm to anyone at any time.

Looking back on my youth I can honestly say that the differences in people always amazed me. I accepted each person for who they were. Not wishing to change them in any way.Life would be boring if we could do this.

The color of their skin did not matter, it was not the first thing I noticed about a person.

The differences in our religious back grounds facinated me and I wanted to learn more about them and the differences in our faith.

A person could be gay or straight, that was their business. What mattered to me was the person inside. Is this person a good human being?Do they treat other people and their property with respect and compassion? That is what I notice.

I believe that when I accept people for who they are and respect people and their property my life will run with as little stress as this world will allow. This brings a sence of peace to my life and as a result I can pass this on to others.

How I manage to keep this way of thinking and living over these many years was at times difficult.I listen to the news. I read the papers. I have not closed my eyes to the crualties done by one person to another. The lives that have been given and taken in war breaks my heart. The violence that seems to grow in every day life has made me more cautious. All this and more could have jaded my way of looking at the world and there have been times when I have felt myself slip into the negative. But, I pull myself back and refuse to believe that things can not change for the better.

So,yes,I believe in “live and let live”. To honor and respect people with love and compassion. In time it will come back full circle to me.