Sal - cave creek, Arizona
Themes: family, gratitude

“I Believe…”

When’s the last time you sat and ate dinner with your family?

I believe in the power of a positive family unit. Family is a necessity in life; a close knit family or a bond between family members is essential for the well being of individuals in our very stressful society that exists today.

Family, in my mind, means people that are always going to be there. There needs to be a mother with sensitive and loving traits as well as a father who has strength and power. The parents help to balance out each other and help their children to be balanced also. That’s why men and women are made for each other, so they complete each other and provide the balance that a family unit needs. Within a family, there should always be that comfortable connection between parents and children. For instance, my family and I share that connection with our daily lives by always providing each other with positive support. Beginning in the morning, my family and I usually start our day with the family eating breakfast. Then we end our day with my mother providing us with a warm cooked meal. During those times of the day, it is our time to bond and connect with each other and share moments that affected us the most in our day. We create memories with these events. Bonding gives your family memories; without memories there is no point in returning. Even sometimes, on weekends, we interact in outdoor activities with each other; for example, we swim, play soccer, go to movies, and vacation together.

By participating in these activities with my family, it introduces me to traditions that have been passed on and our culture as well. Being involved with my family so closely makes me stronger as a person and an adult. It opens the doors to depend on others that can provide me with the same relationship. Also, support plays a major role with having those family members there to get you through the tough times. Hope can also provide you with a comforting effect for whatever the future holds.

I believe that without a comforting family, one is lost as an individual. Isolated people tend to die sooner if there is no support and comfort them in times of need and celebrate the good times as well. In today’s world, families tend to lose that bond because of spending too much time working and not enough time sharing ideas, values and experiences. Kids do not spend enough time with their families and so to fulfill their needs, they turn to drugs, the internet and sometimes the wrong peers for the home support they are lacking.

So tonight, sit down and create as many memories as you can with your family while there is still time! Learn from each other and value the bond that gives a person the support and love that they need.