Aimee - scottsdale, Arizona

Parenthood, when done under the right circumstance, can be a such a beautiful thing. Someday I would love to be a parent. I think it would be amazing to see a little me growing up, calling me mom, but I am definitely not ready yet. I want to have kids when I am married in love, about 2 to 5 years into it which gives me time for my husband. I want to be financially stable, to support my family, and afford the things my children may want, but not spoil them (too much).

I believe in being really family oriented. I want to be close with my kids, I want us to go out and have the best time just being together. I want to be able to go on family trips and have so much fun as a family that no one needs to bring a friend.

When I have my children I believe I should guide them in the right direction. I want to show them how to be respectful, chew with their mouths closed, and just have good manners in general. I want the best for my children without pushing them too much. I want to teach them responsibility younger then I was taught. I want my children to know that I love them more then anything and I want the best for them.

They way I was brought up has a lot to do with why I feel this way. There are some things I agree with that my mom did and others I don’t. My dad and I don’t really have a good relationship and it sucks. I wish I could have a great one with him and maybe in the long run I can obtain one. I want my children never to feel that way about our relationship, NEVER! When I was younger my dad would take me out to see the ducks, to get Tropical Icee’s, and play on the playgrounds, I miss that (as weird as that may sound). Now it seems like none of us have time for each other and that’s partially why I like the thought of having such a close family.

Now that we are older we are starting to have more fun on the holidays making it just us (my mom and brothers) together. Why should it just be the holidays?

My kids will definitely have some rules they need to follow and may hate them at the time but will love me for them someday. I want them to be discipline, but I don’t want them to hate me, ever. They might not like the things I do or how I do it. I know some mom’s want to be the cool moms and I honestly don’t know how I feel about that yet. Yeah I want to be a cool mom but does that necessarily mean that I can allow them to go drink?, or would it be better just to teach them a lesson. I want to be able trust my children till they give me a reason not to.

My children will be the light of my world (besides my hubby).

“My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.”

-Clarence Budinton Kelland