Brynn - cave creek, Arizona

“War has no end.” Believing in something that will never end is nonsense. To believe in a world of peace is like screwing for virginity; it just doesn’t make sense. War reminds me of high school. Back when I was a freshman, it was every man for himself. I’m sure it’s the same way out on the battle fields. I was picked on and judged all the time through out my high school years. I realize now that I wasn’t being brought down by the hurtful things they said, but that it in fact made me a stronger person and a better person today. In high school I always considered myself the prey and everyone else who brought me down were the predators.

War is just like high school. I believe that to start a war someone has to provoke somebody or cause such actions for the unnecessary to occur. To start a war is to know that you’re putting thousands or even millions of people at risk, for the sake of more power. People are being forced out of their homes, for what? For a little more power. How do these predators sleep at night, how do these people go home to their families and act as if it was nothing? Is it all worth it?

Peace to me means that people are free to think for themselves. People have human rights and should have justice as well. I want to see children not being kidnapped or being forced to fight. In my mind, I want them to get a good education, like the kids in Canada, UK, and the U.S.A. I do not want kids to carry guns and mines, but to carry pens and pencils. Peace is just another way to say that war has no end.

I was always taught to stand up for what I believe is right. To not allow anyone to push me around. To not have the right to be free or speak of such a thing as of peace is horrible. To be killed for what you believe in should be a crime. Life is about making choices, and a choice to be free should be one of them. A choice to marry who you want and a choice to speak your mind and what you believe in, shouldn’t have the price of death lying on the table.

I believe every person on this earth has a right to be free. Each has a right to be whom they want to be and choose who they want to become. I believe that people should have the choice to fight for what they want, instead of what their government wants. People in the U.S.A. Army have the choice to go into the forces or not. Life should be a choice, not a command or being forced to do something.

When you think of people being free you think they are not being over-ruled by their government. I believe that’s what they want you to believe, but there are many countries that do not know what the word freedom means. War doesn’t have to be an option, but it’s what their government wants. I believe that peace comes with a price, and that is a price I’m willing to take. “Don’t ever tell me to stop believing in something that may never come true.”