Austin - Dallas, Texas United Kingdom

There have been many inspiring people in my life that have influenced what and how I believe. I can think of nobody more important or inspiring than my father. He has always been there for me and had an opinion on any important decision I’ve made. Whether it was smart or dumb. As I get older, I’m realizing more and more the influence he has on my beliefs and decisions. Now that I’m a senior in high school, and will soon be an incoming freshman next year at Texas Christian University I think it’s important to communicate with him about any important decision I make.

Something that I’ll never forget is how I became a Christian. I was about eight years old and at the time we lived in Denver, Colorado. One fine Sunday afternoon after church, my dad and I sat down to watch a movie about my savior, Jesus Christ. It was about crucifying Jesus on the cross and how he forgives us for all of our sins. But you have to believe that he saved you full heartedly before you can have eternal life. My father influenced my decision to believe in Christ. I clearly remember after watching that movie asking Jesus into my heart to save me from my sins. It was at that moment in the game room that my dad witnessed me becoming a Christian. This was by far the most important decision I’ve ever made in my life and I’m glad my dad could be a part of it.

I believe that I can do anything through Christ. If I set my mind to it and try my hardest at something then I’ll be able to accomplish it. With Jesus Christ on my side I believe anything is possible.