K - boulder, Colorado

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. What can a seventeen year old kid tell me that I already don’t know? He hasn’t lived as long as I, and he hasn’t had to deal with everything I have. I know that I have not been around as long as most, but I have dealt with my fair share of misfortune. I believe that no matter what has happened you should always go toward the future. This I have believed since I was little.

When I was three my parents got divorced. They wouldn’t even talk to each other without starting to yell, and my brother and I were always caught in the middle of it. When my dad moved away to another town, things seemed like they would be better, but still when my parents fought, and my brother and I were still in the middle. I believe that no matter what has happened you should always go toward the future.

In eighth grade I tried out for football and basketball teams but no matter how hard I tried, I never played in any of the games. I asked my coach what I should do to get to play in the games. He said that I would never get to play in any of the games because I wasn’t good enough. I never quit because my dad always told me, no matter what has happened always look toward the future.

Then, the start of my sophomore year of high school my dad passed away. That is the worst thing that could happen to anyone. After that night I just wanted to stop doing anything, but then I remembered what my dad had always said. No matter what has happened always look toward the future. This is what my dad always told me when I was having a hard time. I believe that no matter what has happened you should always go toward the future.

Now two years later, I look back on my childhood and think my life was not the greatest but that I will make it great because I’m always looking toward the future. So next time you think you’re having a bad day just think there’s always tomorrow.