Laura - dallas, Texas
Themes: change

I believe in accepting your surroundings. During my life I changed schools and moved quit a bit. It was difficult at first but I learned a lot from it. My child hood was mainly in Germany where my grandparents lived, they where getting older and my mom wanted to be close to them. I would fly back to Dallas when I got the chance. After doing that for a few years I started going to the Dallas International School. I learned how to speak French but the school was not some where I wanted to graduate from. Since DIS is a school that you learn everything in French it was hard for me to speak English. Before I went to this school my mom had taught me how to speak German. During this time my languages where kind of all over the place. It was very hard for me to switch back and forth from schools at the same time. When I look back on this time period I don’t remember a lot time with friends. I really don’t regret the way that I was brought up because now my mom has taught me the most important thing, my languages. I see how much it has helped me in High school already I can just imagine how much it will help me in the future.

It took me while to accept my surroundings in Germany and in Dallas but know I have learned that no matter how much you move around you always take a little bit of that place with you or that school. So when I look back on my child hood I see a lot of things that I learned at a very young age that helps me now. If you accept what is around you it also makes you a stronger person. I feel strong enough to stick with the school I am at and happily graduate. There is so much in my future but if I can thank my family for teaching me this when I was young so that I wouldn’t have to learn about this in when I am in college. If I had to learn this while being in college it could distract me from what I really need to be learning. I am so well prepared for the future I am well traveled and I have seen a lot. What I look forward to is traveling learning more about my world because that it what I am surrounded by. I really feel you can learn so much from just traveling, the people and the culture can change you perspective on your life and where you are. This makes me want to explore everywhere so I really hope the future will be as good as it looks right now.