Erica - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: hope

I believe that optimism is the key to a prosperous life, for me anyway. I keep upbeat and positive throughout all of my stressed out day. Taking each day one at a time knowing that the next might be my last is a reality check that being happy can’t be redone. Every situation life throws my way is a challenge and can’t be repeated, so I smile often and laugh as much as I breathe, knowing that every day I have here is a blessing. My friends often tell me that my upbeat spirit and enthusiasm helps them get through any rough patches that come their way.

When I was younger I didn’t have much going for me, I wasn’t super smart or pretty or skinny so I needed to be me. I was a sad, timid child who didn’t say a word to anyone; I was miserable. My tough patterns grew worse and worse until one day I decided ‘no more’ if I wanted to get anywhere I needed to start thinking more positively in order for good karma to come to me. I could have turned into an emotional child in a deep depression, but instead I chose to become a more vibrant, happy-go-lucky person. I became spunky, sociable, and optimistic. It got me through the hard days and made me who I am. I’m thankful for my positive choice to turn my entire life around, without which my life wouldn’t be what it is today, full of friends, family and a boyfriend who all love me and are behind every choice I make. Even now, as I attempt to juggle a hectic life, my family and job, I think on the bright side and just complete the task at hand. For all of the positive energy I give out I know there will be more in return.