Cassie - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe that everything happens for a reason. We make so many choices everyday and each choice leads us down a different path. Whether it is good or bad, I think, ultimately it will lead you to where you need to be. In some situations even a bad choice can lead to a positive outcome. This person I know had something like that just happen to him. He was recently involved with some bad people and made some negative choices. In April of this year, him and his “friends” were finally caught by the police and were sent to jail. He stayed in jail for about four hours until he was released and in which I went to go pick him up at 2:00AM. When I got there, he told me his situation and how in a few months the court date would be mailed to his house, while the other people who were involved had been sent to prison already by their parents. The crime they had committed was classed as a class two felony.

This event had made a very big impact on him. From his point of view, he had failed and disappointed everyone especially his parents. Basically, this was his wake up call. He had let greed, temptation, and selfishness get the better of him. He was planning on moving to Los Angeles because he was almost done with school, but he changed his mind and went back to Hawaii with his parents. Even though the whole point of him coming to Arizona was to get away from Hawaii, I believe that this was best for him. Ever since, he has been living at home he has been able to stray away from temptation and bad choices. He’s been clean for about two months now and returned to the habit of going to church and renewed his faith. He has also been able to work at a very well known studio where famous singers like Jay-Z and Mariah Carey have recorded at. This is what he has always wanted to do and this internship at this studio is just the kind of experience he needs.

It’s amazing how he went from being in jail to working at a very famous recording studio. His story has even renewed my faith in God. It has also brought me closer to his family and even closer to mine. I am sad that he had to move away but I think if he would’ve stayed here, the outcome would not have been so positive. This is why I believe that everything happens for a reason.