sara - phoenix, Arizona

I believe in creativity. Creativity colors the world, makes it more exciting and enjoyable. Creativity sparks in minds of young children and grows as they mature. Great successful people are where they are today because of their deeply creative minds. Places like Disneyland and Sea World would not exist if their creative creators never dreamed of them with their highly talented artistic minds. I believe there is an individual for everyone who helps the process of a growing creative mind. Walt Disney had to have had someone who inspired him to become so imaginatively genius.

My creativity was sparked and encouraged by my grandma. She is the most creative colorful person I know. I was lucky to experience “Grandma days”. Our “Grandma days” would consist of creating many unusual projects. My grandma always thought of fun and interesting things to do and create. I have no idea where she came up with some of the projects we made; we had some real original creations.

Flour painting was my favorite creation. We would mix flour, water, and food coloring together and use the mixture to finger-paint. This was a very messy project, and the project we did the most often. But my grandma never minded how messy we got. In fact I believe she enjoyed it when we made a mess. The bigger the mess the more fun you have. I believe cleanliness and creativity do not go hand and hand. They are quite the opposite; you must get down and dirty to get real creative. Judging by my room I would consider myself a highly creative individual.

I cannot thank my grandma enough for her tremendous impact of the development of my creativity. She had a great part of helping me in what I have become today. My creativity is one of my most prized possessions. Creativity is so important to me because I have seen what creativity can do for a person through my grandma. I believe every child should have the opportunity to experience “Grandma days” and start using their creative part of the mind early and continue using it throughout their lives. Without creativity our world would be a dull black and white place lacking fun and interest.