Christian - Andover, Massachusetts

I believe that life is too short, so you may as well enjoy it as much as you can. I believe in living life to the fullest and not getting myself hung up over little arguments. When I was in high school I was in a rather violent car accident. I was sitting in the passenger seat of my friend’s car. We were going down a winding road in my hometown of Andover, Massachusetts when we suddenly slid on some black ice at about forty miles per hour. At that moment as we slid right towards a telephone pole, I remember truly believing we were going to die. The violent collision literally sent the jeep bouncing off of the telephone pole, completely destroying the front of the vehicle. Through some sort of miracle my friend and I had only minor, non hospitalizing injuries.

After the accident I felt so happy to be alive. I realized that on that day in my young high school life we could have easily died. Since that day I feel that I view life differently. In today’s society death is rare among the youth, and I used to think of myself as invincible. However, I now understand how vulnerable we truly are. At any given point some freak accident can happen to anyone. I am not saying that I live in paranoia, afraid of the world. That would be no way to live. Before I pass away I want to make sure that I led a happy life with many friends and few enemies. I believe that you have to stay positive in life and you can’t let little arguments get in between you and your friends. Little arguments that used to aggravate me no longer do for long. I believe that in the grand scale of things they are so small that I would be wasting my time and life worrying about them. I see arguments simply as a waste of time. I still do get into arguments with my friends; I am after all still human. But when these do occur I find myself much faster to apologize, forgive and forget. It is just not worth it for me to dwell over them. Life is too short, enjoy it while you can.