Erin - Beavercreek, Ohio
Themes: freedom

I believe in freedom of beliefs. I realize that we cannot expect everyone in our country to believe and agree on the same thing, and in all honesty…how boring would that be?! Although there would be less hurt, war, fear, etc., our differing beliefs is what makes us who we are. However, until you can someone tell me that everyone in the country has the exact same belief than there should be no new laws, old laws, or anything that restricts someone elses life only because they do not believe what you do, or because what you believe does not agree with who they are. I believe that I deserve the right to marry the PERSON (not a cat, chicken, or farm animal as Bill O’Reilly would like to compare same sex marriage too) I love, in a same-sex marriage and have all of the benifits and rights that a straight couple have. I also believe that my partner should have the right to adopt my child, whether I adopted or gave birth. I should not have to move to another country, in order to have the rights i deserve. This is my home too.