Rashad - USA
Themes: integrity

The one thing I believe most is trust. The trust friends have between each other is the greatest quality anyone can have. There is no feeling like the one you get when you can be sure you have someone there for you.

Another reason I believe in trust above so many other things that I could believe in, is that betrayal is my worst fear. It’s a double-edged sword, trust is a very powerful good but it also hurts the most when it is destroyed. I know that everyone has had someone betray their trust at one point in their life so they know how it feels; when someone you trust stabs you in the back, that crestfallen feeling you get in the pit of your stomach; that is the worst feeling on earth. But, when trust is built strongly on the right foundations, however, you make life worth living. All evil in the world is done because a lack of trust, when people don’t give others a chance to be themselves. We are blessed and cursed with this uniquely human quality, so it is up to us to use it right.

The power of trust is so great that it is the driving force behind all of the great governments of the world. The democracy of America is a prime example. Trust, however, is very difficult to build; some try to use fear as a way to get the same power more easily, like in gangs, but it not the same.

The quality of trust is also found in our relationship with God. Everyone always says that significant relationships must be built on trust for them to last; it is no different when it comes to us and God. He asks for us to have faith in Him, to trust Him with our lives. Our entire purpose in life is based on trust. And that is what makes trust the greater than any other human quality.