alycia - scottsdale, Arizona
Themes: love

“ A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” -Pearl Buck

The definition of marriage is the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. It doesn’t sound as wonderful as it seems marriage truly is. The definition of marriage to me is a time in your life when you marry the love of your life and are going to spend the rest of your life with them, create a family together, and help each other throughout the rough times. It’s a pretty simple obvious definition but it sums up what I think marriage is. Walking down the aisle knowing you’re about to say “I do” is probably one of the most exciting/ amazing feelings, if it is with the right person and you really are in love with them. You may think it is the right person but after spending a long time with them you may found out it was the wrong person. I think too many people now a days are too scared of being alone the rest of their lives so they take whoever comes first to be their lawfully wedded wife/ husband. They probably think they love them and then the ring comes out and I think they end up falling in love with the ring not with the guy who is holding it.

A wedding is one of the most special moments in peoples lives. If people aren’t in love I think when they are proposed to they should say no instead of ending up living a unhappy married life because they married the wrong person. I think you should only be married once. I feel a wedding is a special occasion and if you get divorced and re-married over and over it looses its meaning. It is a very special day and it should be with the person you truly love.