Sam - Scottsdale, Arizona
Themes: carpe diem, death

I am not afraid of death whatsoever. I believe that you cannot be afraid of it. If you are it will do more harm than good. You cannot walk around every day wondering and worrying if today is the day of your demise. It will do so much harm to you. It will invariably limit you from doing things and taking chances. Life is all about chances.

I feel this way because this what I feel in my heart and because of what I have been told by people older than me. I have been told that you should take risks and chances because it will give you good stories to look back on. But do not rush towards death. Live it up. Love life. You only have a short amount of time on this earth so you need to take advantage of it. You will have plenty of time to chill when you die.

I cannot be afraid to die because then I will never live. You absolutely cannot live your life in fear of dying. If you live your life to the fullest and do everything you want to, take chances, risks, when you die it will be easy for you to let go because you wont be regretting anything.

When I was about 8, I personally witnessed my grandfather take his last breaths. Everyone was crying around me and I did not really understand what was going on. A little bit later I realized that no one knows what happens when you die, it is completely unknown. This is why I have been skeptical of the religious views on death because you are listening to someone that knows no more about it than you do.