Victoria - Houston, Texas

I believe in the magic of everyday life. I believe that moments have the ability to shape who you are and what you do with yourself.

In the society we live in today, we have a tendency to get caught up in our daily schedules and forget why we do what we do everyday. As for me; I go to school, I do my homework, I attend theatre rehearsal, I go to dance class, and I go to bed. Every day, the same thing, until certain miniscule reminders let me know that every second of my life is a second I’ll never get back. Birthdays, field trips; anything out of the ordinary snaps me back to consciousness, and I realize that my former sleepwalking self was missing out on the beauty that surrounds me everyday. Life blossoms everywhere; in the flowers of my backyard, in the gentle singing of the wind chimes on my back porch, even in the racket of the lawnmower across the school football field. Life happens. And even though I do the same thing everyday, I’ve realized that by slowing down, you can get a grasp of the snapshots that make up your life. Enjoy the people, enjoy the sounds, enjoy the sights, and enjoy the smells of every day; because every day is different and every day is a gift.

I believe that I might not have tomorrow, and if I don’t, I want to have fulfillment and satisfaction with my life. So I tell my parents I love them every day, I smile at strangers in the hallway, and I say thank you to any one that takes their time to help me. I’m not perfect, I never will be perfect, but I know that life is a gift that you must unwrap step by step. You have to savor every bite, and take in every moment, because years from now that’s what you’ll remember. Memories aren’t blocks of time but rather moments, and I believe that these moments are God’s greatest gift to mankind.