Cameron - Trussville, Alabama

I believe that a dog is the only thing in the world that loves you more than they love themselves. For a dog is the only thing that can’t ever stay mad at you. No matter how many times it has been beaten, kicked, or abused it will always come crawling back. My family has a dog, Blue Belle, and of course when she was younger we had to break her of the terrible habit of going to the bathroom in the house. So whenever she would, we would get out the newspaper yell, and pop her a few times on the backside with it. She would crouch her head and go running as soon as we called her name in our “bad girl” voice. But, as soon as her punishment was over, all you had to do was call her name once in a loving tone and she would come running to you with ears perked and tail held high, waiting for love and attention.

A dog will love you no matter what you have done to it, because it’s just their sweet loving nature. For dogs that you find who have been abandoned, and left to die, all they want is someone to love and care for them. For those dogs in a pound, all they want is for someone to take them home, so they can continue to do what they do best, love someone. A dog is always there to welcome you home after a long day at work, or a hard day of school. A dog is the best of listeners, never interrupting, just there to sit and provide comfort. For a dog has no prior arrangements, it will always be there, just to sit and simply love you for all that you are and everything that your not. For that is their only job and they do it to the fullest extent. And, these are the many reasons as to why I believe so strongly that a dog is the only thing in the world that can ever love you more that they love themselves.