Donna - Birmingham, Alabama

I believe that I am a sinner who will never be worthy of the price Jesus Christ paid for me. Jesus Christ was crucified, dead, and buried so that I could live forever with him. He took on the burden of all man then and who were to come so that we could all have the chance to spend eternity with him, and for that I am forever grateful.

Just like all people on this earth, I am a sinner. No one is perfect and can ever be perfect. Being a sinner means that I have broken one of the Ten Commandments, which I believe God sent to this earth for all to abide by, or that I have disobeyed the teachings of the holy word, or the Bible. Since no one is perfect, we all break the so called rules that are stated in the Bible. However, when Jesus died on the cross, he paid the price for all of mankind’s sin and granted us all the chance to never perish but live eternal life. When I say “paid the price” I am talking about this, John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that who so ever believe in him shall not perish but live eternal life.” Now, because of this amazing act, all I have to do is believe in God and I can spend eternity with him, instead of an eternity without him.

As a sinner, believing in God is the first step to forgiveness for your sins. By asking for forgiveness, all wrongs are righted and will always stay that way. As a result of asking for forgiveness, the Holy Spirit enters you and makes you feel the need to do more for the glory of God. I give God the glory be spreading the good news about him, doing mission trips in his name, and just generally helping people anyway that I can. Also, once you accept God as your Savior, you should begin to read you Bible to stabilize your faith and for guidance in your everyday life. By realizing that I am and will always be a sinner, I have accepted that I am not worthy of eternal life but it has been granted to be through the mercy and the unfailing love of Jesus Christ.