Eddie - scottsdale, Arizona
Themes: integrity, love

Believe it or not, I have actually sat in a chair and thought about love and what it means to me. I know, you didn’t think I was that type, did ‘ya? Love exists in many ways; one can love someone like a friend, like family, or like a life long partner. After countless hours of sitting in that chair and thinking I finally came up with what love means to me. Love is a mutual trust in one another, in which both parties involved will do anything for the other. The following quote by an unknown author displays my point perfectly, “Love is giving someone the power to destroy you…but trusting them not to.” In order to love a person, you must accept them for who they are and love them for that.

Love is not conditional. Love is looking at your spouse and believing with your heart that they’re the most beautiful person in the world right when they wake up in the morning. Love is having the restraint to not throw your little brother out of the window when he colors all over your bedroom wall. It is looking in the eye of a person and knowing exactly what’s going through their head. Love is being able to sit in complete silence with someone without it being awkward. It is knowing that things will be okay as long as you’re next to that certain someone through all of it. Love is found in the eye of the mother when she first sees her newborn child. So one can see that love can be found in many forms.

Now, back to love’s importance in my life. Maybe I’m just like everyone else and bland in the fact that I want to find the woman I love and have a happy little family, but to me there would not be a better life than that. Being able to spend everyday with the woman I love for the rest of my life would the greatest thing. Since she’ll be marrying me, she’ll be gorgeous, so that’s always a plus. Part of the reason I put such an importance on this topic is how I’ve been raised. I love my parents, and they love me and I just hope to be able to share this bond with my children. God has given us the great gift in that we are able to share with people the emotion of love, so why not use it?