Pam - Birmingham, Alabama
Themes: hope, nature, setbacks

I believe in Spring. Spring is a time filled with promise. It is when the flowers, which died in the Winter, burst open again to share their beauty and wonder with the world. It is a time when baby birds greet the world with their first hungry cries, and cocoons open themselves to let a butterfly try out its new wings and grace the sky with its presence. Spring is a time filled with hope: birds sing, signaling life to begin anew. Spring is a reminder for all to never give up, especially when it seems as though you are facing the toughest of storms, because no matter how cold and cruel the winter seems you will make it through it, and Spring will come again. I use my belief in Spring to help tell about my life: past, present, and future. All throughout my soon to be fifteen years, I have had ups and downs. Thankfully, my life has been mainly ups: I have been saved, I have two loving parents, three wonderful grandparents, two sisters, a nephew, and countless aunts, uncles, and cousins, I do well in school, I have my life practically planned out, and I am soon to get my permit—life is going wonderfully. However, life is not perfect and I have had bad times, but no matter what may happen, I have to remember my blessings and the fact that Spring will come again. I might be stuck in Winter for sometime, but eventually the ground will begin to thaw and wonderful things will be upon me again. I believe in the saying, “God never closes a door without opening a window.” When the door seems shut, go and look for the window which has been opened. Do not give up; live. Believe. Have faith that the Lord loves you and will never leave your side. Have faith that He did not leave you to be alone in the darkness, but shows you the light, that he stayed by your side asking you to believe in Him and let him guide you and show you the way to the light, to Spring. It applies to my present because I am in a state of Spring. It applies to my future because I know that Winter will come again, because it is the cycle of life. However, I also know that after each hardship, some thing good will come again, and life, joy, and song will once more cry to the world: Spring is here.