Andrew - Scottsdale, Arizona

Our environment is all around us. It is essential to our everyday life and activities. Not to mention, the environment can be a beautiful place to escape one’s everyday life and explore. I believe that everyone values the environment to some degree, its just that most people think in the here and now and not for the future.

Irresponsible people, the forestry industry, and many commercial pollutants are killing our environment. Our government has some good laws in place to prevent this from happening and I like what they have done to protect our environment. They could take extreme measures, but this might mean we would not get to enjoy the outdoors as much as much as we do now. The main cause for concern with our environment is lack of care. Most people simply don’t care or don’t have a strong opinion about the subject.

What’s killing our environment? Us. People value money over the environment too much. A lot of people know our environments in trouble, but nobodies willing to help save it if that means losing revenue.

America has an amazing national park system with some of the most spectacular sites in the world. We need to keep it this way, so our kids and their kids can have the same enjoyment from the outdoors that we’ve had.