Tiffany - Rexburg, Idaho

I don’t care what anyone’s says I believe that everyone no matter who they are get embarrassed at one point in their life. I have met people who say that they have had embarrassing things happen to them but they never get embarrassed. They say it is because they don’t care what other people think of them. I believe it is because they have never really had anything that embarrassing happened to them.

How do I know this is true? Because I used to be one of those people who never got embarrassed. I have had some things happen to me that some people would have found embarrassing like: falling down the stairs at school, eating cookies at a party and saying how good they were and then finding out they were doggie treats. At that same party I went to the restroom and not being able to find any toilet paper I used some wipes behind the toilet, which ended up being Clorox wipes. I spent the rest of the night in this kids bathtub soaking in saltwater. To some people these events would have been really embarrassing moments but I found them humorous and was not embarrassed at all.

Because I did not find these things embarrassing I believed that I was one of those people who never got embarrassed. My belief changed winter of 2003.

I was in collage it was the first snowstorm of the year. That morning while on campus I really had to use the restroom but because of some unexpected events I was not able to go. I finally decided to walk home and felt relieved that soon I would be able to use the restroom. While walking home I ran into the guy I liked and some of his friends. They asked me to walk with them the rest of the way. We were having a great time laughing and talking. Suddenly I slipped on a patch of ice and soon found myself flying through the air and while my feet were in the air I knew I was in trouble as I felt my bladder lose control. When it had become apparent to the guys that I had peed my pants awkward slices filled the air. Eventually after the shock wore off they walked me down the rest of the hill not saying a word. They then said good-bye to me and turned towards their apartments. I continued walking straight towards where I lived. As I was walking in the crosswalk I heard the guy I had a crush on say “that girl totally peed her pants” then they all started laughing. Never in my life had I been so embarrassed. It was then my belief changed and I decided that yes I do get embarrassed.

I believe all people get embarrassed and if you haven’t its because nothing that embarrassing has ever happened to you. I also believe that your time will come and you will join the rest of us.