alex - plantation, Florida

I am grateful for the ocean. The ocean is a peaceful and powerful place to me. The ocean can be a very beautiful place, and it can also be a very destructive place. It brings me closer to the lord. I can feel repulsive with the way the ocean swiftly moves. The ocean puts me in a peaceful place that leads me into my heart and soul. The ocean soothes my mind, body, heart, and soul. I believe that when I am out in the ocean on my surfboard, I am one with the ocean and one of Gods great creations like the aquatic creatures below. My surfboard leads me to become so close with the ocean and everything beneath the waters surface. My surfboard is my gateway for love and peace. The ocean brings my life a lot of fun whether I’m out on my boat with my family and or friends catching absolutely nothing at all, or on my surfboard alone with myself and the beautiful swell among me. Surfing also allows me to be among my friend and or family, which I enjoy very much.

Although underneath the oceans vast city of humans, lie a whole jungle of fierce predators and also those little chilling Nemo fish. To me those fierce predators such as top of the food chain sea creatures, especially sharks, are the ones that make me feel closer to the one place that I can call my other home. Call me crazy but favorite thing in the water is to focus on sharks. Sharks to me are beautiful animals that move fierce and swift through the waters, which bring me joy.

When I make that ride toward the beach, I start to feel good about myself and the way I’m going to feel while I’m in that crisp ocean water. Let me just say that im grateful for everyone and everything that has entered my life. This I believe is the wonder of the ocean and the way it makes me feel.