Keaton - Lakewood, Colorado

I Believe

I believe that a little hard work and persistence can get you far in life. That if you truly want something, you will do anything to get it. That if you love something enough, you will allow nothing to get in the way.

In my family, there has been many troubling times that we have all been forced to deal with. These problems no matter what would still be difficult to cope with, but if the people in these situations would have worked a little harder, and kept their goal in mind, these problems would have been much easier to overcome. Unfortunately, this quality of persistence and determination is not easy to come by. It’s one of the few attributes everyone would like to have, but for some reason, they do not. They allow their problems to control them, and they rarely let themselves control their problems. This prevailing quality I wish was shown in one of my family members today, my uncle. He’s been through an extremely tormenting time. He’s been through a horrible divorce, where it seems his ex-wife’s only goal in life is to make my uncle and the rest of our family absolutely miserable. His family has been torn apart, having to deal with horrible mental and emotional problems. It seems that nothing is getting better, that this one bad situation has grown powerful enough to control their lives.

It’s left me thinking even though he’s giving it all he’s got, that he’s fighting with all his heart, will his hard work truly pay off? Will he be able to make a happier life for himself and his family? The answer to this will only be found if he is persistent in reaching his ultimate goal of a happier, more successful life. That he will not stop no matter how painful and miserable the ending might be; but instead, he keeps going knowing that it can always get better.

There is always potential for something better. The potential to better yourself, or the potential to better others. Nothing is ever out of reach. Through means of hard work and persistence, people can reach out and grasp this unlimited potential, and start realizing how much better the most disheartening of situations can become.