Carissa - Chandler, Arizona

Back to Basics

“Only selfless service can encourage a person to reach the higher state of humanity.”

-Sri Sathya Sai Baba

I think we should all take a trip back to kindergarten. We should all take a trip back to kindergarten and relearn how to treat others the way we would like to be treated. This most simplistic idea seems to have been lost in the midst of our nations’ “gimmie gimmie” attitude and quest for personal praise. I think that if everyone truly lived by this basic principle, we would all get along. We would for the first time, see what it’s like to live in world peace. It’s pretty simple really, no drastic measures, no contracts, no “well the republicans said this, and the democrats did that,” just do unto others, what you would have them do unto you.

I think the guy who stole my car stereo would be pretty mad if he walked out to his car one day to find his own stereo stolen. But he won’t think of it in that perspective. All that matters to him is that he got what he wanted.

I think the girl who talks badly behind everyone’s’ backs would feel just as hurt if she ever found out negative remarks directed at her. But she’ll never think twice about her cutting words.

I think the person who decides to cheat on their significant other would be devastated if the role was reversed. But that won’t ever cross their minds. They fulfilled their own immediate satisfaction and that’s all that matters, right?

I believe in selflessness.

I believe we should treat others the way we would like to be treated.

This I believe.