Colin - Missouri

Some times in life you really start to care about what people think about you. I’m writing this because I believe this need’s to stop. Some people in the world base their everyday decisions on what makes them look cool, rich or anything that might make people think different of them. If people keep basing their life on what people think about them there isn’t going to be anything new. For example, lets say that all the teenagers in your school wear Abercrombie and think that if you don’t wear it you wont be “cool”. I mean yeah its hip, preppie, and I guess a good look for us teenagers, but it shouldn’t be the only thing in your closet because people think it’s the cool thing to wear. Just because everyone else wears it doesn’t mean that you can’t throw on your favorite Hawaiian shirt and sport it like it’s the new trend. Will people make comments about it? Of course they will. See that is the beauty of why you shouldn’t care about what other people think. If you like the shirt no one else should matter. It’s your favorite shirt and it’s what makes you happy and comfortable. Other than clothes another way people care too much about what other people think about them is that they are afraid to speak their mind. They think that if they say the wrong thing people will have different views on them. You know what I think about that? It’s BS if people don’t speak their mind its called being fake. It’s like if you don’t like someone tell them you don’t like them. Your shouldn’t act as if you his or her friend just so that they will be nice to you or so that your in the popular crowd. You should find friends that you actually enjoy hanging out with. Another way people show that they care so deeply about what people think about them is…… I know teens like me hate this word but its true, and the word is drum roll please …… “PEER PRESSURE”. Peer pressure is a prime example. Kids getting pressured to do something they don’t want to do just to be cool in their buddy’s eyes. One example is smoking, personally I think it is disgusting and smells horrible, but I guess to some people it makes them look cool. Its like if I smoke and walk around with a CIG MAN I’m going to look like the biggest BA on the block. No dude you not. If you have to smoke a cigarette to get people to think you’re a cool person….. You’re wrong. Like I said, a prime example. The best way to make real friends and to be COOL, a word that has became so popular, is not to care about what other people think about you and be yourself. Speak your mind, wear what you want, and fight through peer pressure. By doing those three things you will know what I mean when I say, it is so much better to live your life and not someone else’s.