Family, to me family is the most important thing in my life. My family has raised me to be the person I am today and have been by my side through good and bad times. Everyone in my family has made a significance in my life by teaching me at least one thing. Growing my parents taught me to respect others by giving respect I would gain their respect back, and to be a good person. They have been there for me when I needed them the most even if it was when I was in trouble and they were disappointed in me. I thank them for going to court with me and doing everything they could to keep me safe.

My brother and sister have taught me how to care for others and to speak my mind in an argument. My sister and I have always argued ever since we were kids by doing so she taught me when to talk and when not to talk to keep myself out of trouble. My brother taught me how to care for others by being there for him and I have helped raise my little brother. The first time I realized it was when a kid smashed his head against a pole since that day I have never let anyone put their hands on him. I have helped raise him to be the person I’m not, never letting him do anything bad keeping him out of trouble and to do good in school.

Growing up my cousins have taught me so much they were like my brothers. One of my cousins is my age he taught me things you can’t learn at school something known as street smarts. My older cousin is like a role model to me he was kind of like my other cousin and I when he was growing up but later on changed and did better things with his life. In 2003 he graduated high school and went to college to study architecture he has now graduated and is now working for the first time in his life in New York making more than $40,000 a year. He taught me that I still have a chance to succeed in life and do better things with my life and to leave the past behind and move on.

That is why my family is the most important to me, I could never ask for a better family. I am who I am today because of my family and the things we have been trough and will go trough in the future whether it is good or bad. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for my family.