Alex - Memphis, Indiana
Themes: carpe diem

“This I Believe”

A blink of an eye, that’s how long we have on this earth. Not by choice, people have been handed a mortality card since the beginning of time. The hard facts that we all come to realize no matter what religion we subscribe to is that one day we will no longer be here.

With this time limit on our time on earth, you would think that people would be living in the moment and trying to take care of what is most important in their lives. This, however, is not what we see. We see people worrying about little things that have no major consequences in their life. People are glued to the television watching other people living out their lives in the latest reality show. This seems to be the actions of people who have all the time in the world, not people who are on limited time. Not only do we have a short time to live, but we aren’t even given any reassurance that we will live till tomorrow.

With all of this in mind I believe that people need to embrace the situation that we are in and enjoy every minute. Cherish each little thing in life that comes your way. Don’t get upset about the small stuff because life is short. Let the people you care about know how you feel. This is my message to the world, step back take a deep breath and evaluate how your living your life. Don’t get to the end of you life and look back and say I should of done this or I should of done that. Cherish each day you have and make the most of it, because you only have so many. That’s what I believe.