Debra - Kechi, Kansas

I believe in Creation

I believe that there is a God who created all living things. Genesis 1:1, in the Bible, states that “In the beginning, God created the Heaven and the earth.” I was taught this from the time I was able to understand anything. The other view about how we all came to be is evolution. I don’t know how that could have happened since the “big bang” had to come from something and no one can tell what that was.

To create something from nothing is far beyond anything that man has accomplished. The First Law of Thermodynamics tells us that nothing is being created anymore, anywhere on earth.

I know that people say you cannot prove creation. But I like to think of it as living by faith. Can anyone prove that people lived in the 1300 and 1400’s? No, because no one alive today, was there. That’s the way it is with creation; I wasn’t there, but I can see evidences of it in the world.

The most important evidence of creation to me is that God said it in the Bible. The book of Genesis tells us in great detail about the 6 days of creation.

Even without faith, the Bible tells me a lot about the earth. The Bible was the first book to say the earth was round, the earth is suspended in space, and that stars are innumerable. All of those things were not proven by a scientist until they had already been read by thousands of people around the world.

This essay is not about belief in the Bible, but it is what I base my belief in Creation on. Not believing in Creation would be, to me, like believing that I could break my watch, put it in a bag, shake it up for 1,000 years, then open the bag and my watch would be back in one piece.

Even though the view of Creation is what my family believes, that is not my only reason for believing it. I have studied evolution to a certain degree, and have read some works about it. My conclusion is that I am persuaded that Creation took place within the last 10,000 years by the one true God who lives in Heaven today.