Molly - boise, Idaho

Many people these days do not really care about the helpless animals around them, but I am not one of those people. I think that we need to save and protect all the animals around the world. Think about all the animals that we are killing when we cut down the rainforest or even when we just put chemicals in the air to kill mosquitoes. How would you feel if one minute you were living a happy healthy life and the next minute you were killed by a hunter or your habitat was destroyed? “Only when the last tree is dead, the last river dammed and the last field paved over, we will realize we can’t eat money.” This quote was found on the back of my dad’s t-shirt and I believe that this is what is happening to our world. We are so caught up in trying to make as much money as we can we often forget about thinking about the world around us. Many animals have been put on the endangered species list recently. If we don’t save them, then they will be gone forever! Also if some of our animals become extinct then it will mess up the food chain and the circle of life. I am not saying that we don’t need things like paper but we sure can cut down, no pun intended, on some of the things that we use. A huge chunk of our animals live in the rainforest so if we are cutting it away for floor boards or furniture we are killing many animals that we will never get back! It makes me feel really sad when I think about all the animals that we are harming especially for things that we do not really need. I think that if we all really work hard together and try and save the animals we can make a big difference. If we stand up together then we can accomplish a lot.