Jeffrey - Hebron, Connecticut

I believe that happiness comes from many things although the most important factor being family. A family is what holds everyone together and keeps everyone in check. They are the ones who truly love and care for you regardless of a persons personal flaws. Ones family represents who you are; they directly reflect the culture and way of life you live. To have people around you of all different ages who care for your well being is encouraging and makes things easier, having support.

Family life today is slowly deteriorating, unaware of the value of happy healthy family relationships. There is less emphasis on family, spending less time together, and visiting with relatives. My parents seeing this in society worked hard to be a traditional and loving family making extra emphasis on family values. You shouldn’t look at your family as just family but as friends who you enjoy spending time with, talking to grandparents exchanging stories of what life was like in the past; Gives me a sense of the culture and life of my ancestry.

My family has always been an important factor in my life; my parents always made me and my brother come home for dinner time. As a family we would eat dinner together almost every night, interacting with each other becoming parts of each others lives. Especially my personal favorite Sunday dinners, being an Italian family, every Sunday my father cooks a pot of sauce and we feast the same time every Sunday. Having these routines along with a loving family behind me, creates happiness and gives me the ability to do what ever it is I choose to do in this world; because I know that I have their support. A family offers help and guidance throughout your life. They provide you with unlimited trust and respect that those outside of your family may not give. Loving you for who you are as a person.

In times of troubles your family is always by your side offering their support in any way you may need. In a sense death brings a family closer, when there is the loss of a loved one, the value of life comes into perspective, and you realize how important your family is. It’s not just in sad times but it is all the impacting times of your life where you family will always be there for you. This I believe.