Garrick - Ballwin, Missouri

I believe in living the moment to the most that I can. Taking advantage of something good and making the most of it. I believe that the feeling of freedom is the most joyous emotion there is.

Whenever I kick start the engine of my Yamaha, I can never help but grin as the engine roars to life. I grin because the adrenaline of racing down sand dunes and charging through rivers is simply heaven on earth for me.

Living the moment lets me look forward to life knowing that there is something every week that transports me away from society and strips me from my worries. For what seems like an eternity, I have the privilege of living in a world where everything revolves around me, a place where I’m large and in charge, a Utopia where there are no worries and I can live on instinct.

Going out with friends to DQ or the movie theatre is another one of my weekly anticipated events. Bad experiences or over dramatic family members are miraculously forgotten as a friend gets an ice cream cone shoved up his nose or he burps loudly in the middle of a romantic movie scene. In situations like these, the only thing I have to worry about is what joke or prank I’m going to pull next. This temporary retreat from life lets me rejuvenate and puts me in a good mood for the coming week.

I believe in these awesome times where I can “chill”, and be myself. I don’t have to impress some girl, or behave in front of my parents; I don’t even have to do homework. Seriously, I believe that it doesn’t get better than that.

It’s hard to explain what the feeling of freedom is unless you’ve truly experienced it which I believe I have. The feeling of freedom is a state where every physical, and emotional part of you is focused on what you’re doing then and there. My conscious is not worrying about some paper due tomorrow or a test I never studied for, but it’s concentrating on how I’m going to get the person next to me to wipe his face with shaving cream in his hand while he’s asleep or how I’m going to land the next jump on my dirt bike. That’s the feeling of freedom.

If I’m on the phone with someone who is a good friend, my “feeling of freedom” kicks in, in which I avert all attention on that person even if it’s 9 o’clock at night and I have a final exam tomorrow. Ha, you can almost hear the smart girl in the class whining about how I need to study. Who cares because I am living the moment and that’s what I believe in.

I believe in living the moment of freedom, a society that is mine and that no one can take from me, Moments where expectations aren’t applied and instinct rules. This I believe.