Kimberly - Uhrichsville, Ohio

Startled awake in the middle of the night, you swear you hear this thump from somewhere in your room. Glancing around, everything seems normal, but the immense, dark, shadows are everywhere, and obscure your vision. Deep, down, you know exactly where the sound came from; it came from the closet across the room. The boogeyman you know is hiding there waiting for the opportune moment to spring upon you. So you try to wait him out, head underneath the covers, staring into the bleak darkness, and end up falling asleep. Waking up the next morning, you tell yourself it was a bad dream, and go on with your life. After childhood, you finally realize that there is no such thing as the Boogeyman, and move on.

I believe that there is truly a Boogeyman, he might not be the physical being most children believe in, but he is alive in each of us. Every person has irrational fears that they never want to face, they pull the covers over their head, and try to escape them. As everyone knows though, the Boogeyman comes back, night after night, waiting to frighten you with your fears. Instead of hiding from your fears, you need to confront them, run across the room, pull that closet door open, and tell that Boogeyman that he doesn’t scare you anymore; the Boogeyman will disappear, and so will that fear. Accept your fears, face them, and you won’t ever have to worry about the big, bad, Boogeyman ever again.