Maggie - ballwin, Missouri

This I believe

“The best way out is always through”. I’ve been through 17 years of my life already. I can definitely say that it’s taken me that long to discover the need to keep moving on. Life throws up so many obstacles, but I‘ve learned that the only way out is indeed through.

I remember always hearing the phrase, “There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.” Well I believe everyone has their own tunnel in life that they are trying to get through. Whether it’s as simple as pushing yourself at practice so you can make the team, or getting into that dream University school of yours.

So many of examples from life show that moving along or moving through, gets you to the end. I always remember fearing the dentist, brushing my teeth 3-5 times right before I went, thinking that was going to prevent all of my cavities. But my mom pushed me to go even though I didn’t want to, and my visit turned out to be okay. I never knew what was going to happen. It could have turned out to be really bad, or the complete opposite, really good.

My own personal examples from life have proven this also. My parents got divorced and I was forced to go live with my dad and Step-mom, a new change, a new environment, and a new life. It was so hard even till this day to accept the changes that was happening in my life, I didn’t want to, but I knew there was nothing that I could do. I still struggle with getting along with a new family, and realized that the only way to get through this, is to keep going.

There’s also always dreading that phone call revealing if you got that job you have stressing over all week. That’s only one phone call away. I remember going to my first job interview thinking that I rocked it, than getting home thinking about every answer I wanted to change. I then remember sitting at home waiting for that someone to call me, looking at my phone every five seconds to make sure that I didn’t miss a phone call. When I finally did get that call, all the excitement was replaced with what “if” questions. If everything would like me, if I could learn everything the right way, now I am going on my sixth month of working and I’m still going through.

All the examples show that the only way out is always through. To get through everything. To learn that sometimes you need a little push in your life to make you start to go again. There is always that light at the end of the tunnel, whether I can see the light or not is up to me, and my choice to follow the light shapes my destiny.