Jennifer - Urbana, Illinois
Themes: love

I believe in love. I come from a very large family. We are very Irish, very loud, very obnoxious, and very much die hard cub fans. Some families might have family reunions every year at Christmas or Thanksgiving, but my family has their reunion every year at a Cubs game in Wrigley Field. And that day is one of my favorites, because I am with my favorite people at my favorite place in the world. There we can all be loud together while yelling at the umpire. There we can all be obnoxious while singing during the seventh inning stretch. So you probably are thinking I believe in love because of the reunion every year, or the Cubs, or even my family. But no, I believe in love because of my current boyfriend, who is a Cardinals fan. My family does not have any regulations on who I can date. But there is one exception to that rule, generally we all date cub fans. So when I met my boyfriend more than a year ago, I really did not know how this was going to work. How was I going to be able to cheer for the same baseball team with him? Could this really work? Was this going to make the summers difficult? But that is the thing about love, it does not care. So as we walked holding hands in Wrigley Field, me in my Cubs t-shirt and him in his Cardinals jersey, last Sunday at the Cubs and Cardinals game, we got a lot of questions from strangers. How does that relationship work? And I simply answered: love. I believe in love. I just do not know how my family is going to react when I bring him to the reunion this summer. He just better leave the Cardinals jersey at home.