Brittany - Ballwin, Missouri
Themes: sports, work

At the end of the second half of my lacrosse game I’m pushing myself down the field guarding the opposing team. She’s pretty quick and I’ve been playing the entire half as the center. I’m running with her trying my best to get in front of her to be in position to check the ball away, I almost lose her, but I kick out my last boost of energy, make a quick swipe of my stick, and bam! I got her. I hustle over to the little yellow sphere that is essential to our victory, scoop through it, and throw it down field to one of our attack positions where she runs it in and scores our winning goal just as time runs out. We were all so happy that the victory was ours and we ended our season 10-5. I was nominated to tryout for the central-division national lacrosse team, and I also made the all conference team. I can honestly say I did my best throughout the season whether it was tough or easy competition. That is what I believe. I believe in always doing your very best everyday, all the time.

Having a positive attitude and giving 100% in everything you do whether it’s right or wrong can help you be tremendously successful. Sometimes life gets tough, and situations arise you might be forced to make decisions you’ll look back on and realize you were wrong. However, at the time, the decision you make is what you thought was best and that’s all you could have done. Just last week, I sat in my math classroom for 15 minutes straight staring at one question that I had finally narrowed down to two different answers. It was time to turn the test in, so I had to make a decision. I marked my answer, turned in the test only to go back to my seat, look up the answer, and realize that it was wrong. Despite my wrong decision, I tried my personal best.

It’s important to do a credible job at maintaining your social responsibilities as well. Relationships are always two way streets, and providing your crowing commitment to maintaining them keeps both people happy. Recently my mom has accepted a new nursing job that gives her more hours and more patients. Our family is constantly getting in fights about how my sister and I need to do more around the house now that we’re older and both our parents are working more. Between school, lacrosse, and homework, I make a conscience effort everyday to do something to help out. I try to encourage my sister to do chores as well.

A great man once said, “I do the very best I know how- the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end… I walk slowly, but I never walk backwards.” That man was one of our finest presidents, Mr. Abraham Lincoln. I believe that going through life always performing at the highest of your ability, can enhance your achievements and make you successful.