Amanda - Saco, Maine

I believe In Passion

I believe you will get nowhere in life without passion. It takes effort for everything. If you don’t like doing something chances are you are not going to do it well. If you find an activity that you love doing and feel passionate about, you are more likely to succeed and be much happier with your life.

Learning a foreign language can be difficult, I should know, as I have been studying French for nine years. Over those nine years I have learned many things and realized that French is something I love learning. When I learn something new, like how to say a new phrase, I use it all the time. Even though people have no idea what I am saying, it’s learning it that is just pure fun, and I believe it is worth the hard work.

I believe if you let other people run your life, you will be unhappy. Doing what other people say throughout your whole life isn’t going to be fulfilling, and it isn’t going to make you feel like you have accomplished something in your years of living. Allowing others to control your life means having the possibility of missing out on something you could end up being passionate about. Yes, having other people choose makes things easier at first, but what are you doing to learn? Making decisions, good or bad, is how you learn.

I also believe life is a learning experience. You are not going to absolutely love something the first time doing something, and you may not be good at it either. Making wrong decisions in life are just as beneficial as good ones. How are you going to know you love something if you have never done something you hate? Quitting gymnastics wasn’t the greatest decision ever, but I wanted to try dancing. Eight years later, I finally realized I didn’t like dance and that I missed gymnastics. So I signed up for a gymnastics class again and I love it. Gymnastics helps me deal with stress and it is a great physical activity.

I believe along, with passion you need knowledge and persistence to succeed in life. Nothing is ever going to be handed to you life. You need to work hard and use common sense. If you really want something, there is a possibility that it won’t happen. That doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you need to work a little hard and show that you are willing to work for it.

I believe passion, persistence, and knowledge are the three most important qualities to be successful and happy in life.