Cody - Littleton, Colorado
Themes: change, setbacks

The Strong Mind

Did you ever hear of someone who was hit by a bus and then got a six pack?

Have you ever heard of a man that was in a car accident and was able to jump three feet higher? I know what you’re thinking, this sounds ridiculous. How could anyone having gone under such incredible pain, be able to become a greater human being? I don’t think that people could go under extreme pain and become a more physically robust human. However, I believe that anything that can’t kill you can only make you stronger in mind.

I remember when I my escapades as a young lad with my friends. I remember some of the idiotic things that I did. And from those experiences I learned some new things. For example, I learned never to put you’re hands by mouse traps or attach my braces to a 9 volt battery. I remember when I was with some of my friends on a hot sunny day in the middle of June. It was summer break and everything was fantastic. Anything that I wanted to do I would do it. Without the constant interruption of the educational system, I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted and where I wanted. So my friends and I came up with a little idea. We decided to tie a rope to the back of a bicycle, we would then have someone stand on a skateboard and have the same, tow them across the street. If that didn’t sound dangerous enough, we decided to duck tape the skateboarder’s feet to the board. We did this in order to simulate the effects of snow boarding. Everyone thought that this would be the greatest stunt ever performed. Now we just had to find somebody willing to do it. That somebody was me. That somebody was me. I thought that this experience would make me a great athlete. I was in position. The wheels of the bicycle began to move and off I went. As I began to go down the hill, something went array. I had leaned slightly to the left and I began to plummet. I tried to jump off but I had realized that my feet were still fixed upon my skateboard. As I fell I began to fell a blistering hot pain on my hands and knees, as they ran against the pavement. The next thing I remember is having a band-ad over my knee and then I thought to myself, what was I thinking? When I was getting ready to do the stunt everything seemed perfect. It didn’t occur to me that something would go wrong.

When people undergo pain, they learn something about that previous experience. Pain isn’t the only thing that helps people understand their environment a little pit better. A bad grade on a test or a recent relationship problem could help people learn about what went array.

Just because something horrible goes wrong in your life, it doesn’t mean that everything around you should be put on hold. One mishap should not stop you from living your life. When something happens to you, you need to get on with your life, learn something from that experience. This experience will make you a better human being and you will become stronger with the experience.