Deanna - Homer Glen, Illinois
Themes: love

“The Pursuit of Love”

Some people say that good things come to those who wait, but sometimes I feel like when will that wait be over. Luckily, I had enough patience to wait for the good things, such as true love. I believe that finding true love takes time, a lot of patience, and a little bit of fate.

Growing up I had many friends, too many to count. My friendships however, never turned into relationships, not even the innocent spin-the-bottle kiss ones. I was never lucky enough to have a boyfriend, unlike most of my friends. Elementary school, junior high school, and high school were all the same. I felt as if no one found me attractive or outgoing enough to be considered girlfriend material. After seventeen years of waiting and thinking that I would end up alone the rest of my life, somehow MySpace fate brought my boyfriend and me together.

A year and a half ago my boyfriend and I met on the craze known as MySpace, an online networking website. I always think of the “what if’s” about our fate. I would have never added him to my friends list if my parents didn’t get a divorce and my dad had not moved to Frankfort. I would have never met him if I wasn’t on MySpace that exact hour, minute, second. I would have never met someone so amazing if I had declined his instant message to see a movie. I remember all the details of our first date: what we wore, the movie we watched, and the weather. Immediately, we hit it off.

I never met anyone like him, who I could see myself spending the rest of my life with. We talk about marriage and kids and our future and traveling to tropical beaches when we retire. He is my true love. To this day, he opens doors for me, surprises me with flowers when I’m down, and knows the exact words to say to make me smile. I couldn’t have asked, wished, or prayed for anyone more perfect, generous, fun, attractive, and loyal as him.

Some people may think that I am too young to have actually waited for true love, but those seventeen years of my life were a lifetime to me. Fate was on my side. I believe that good things, such as finding true love, happen in time. Waiting for good things can sometimes feel like forever, but patience is a necessity for achieving the good.