Christina - Urbana, Illinois

I believe patience is a virtue, especially when you are down on your luck and your only option is waiting. Waiting, so you can see the bigger picture and your judgment is not clouded with worry. Every day I am faced with tough decisions that cause me to make decisions on impulse. I feel more at ease and I do not have to think or worry about what is the “right decision” and I can move on. I never stop to think about what would happen if I just waited and took the time to think before giving my answers. How different would my life be? I wonder how different my life would be if I did not sell my car. Last year I had to make the toughest decision in my life: either sell or keep my car. I had a 91’ Ford Probe and her name was Betsy. Betsy was not your stylish or newest car on the block, but she sure got me to point A to point Z. Betsy was an old car that had many problems, which caused me to dish out money, every month it seemed, to keep her running. If it was not one thing, it was another. The problem came when Betsy’s fuel line was leaking and had to be replaced along with the gas tank. Unfortunately, I could not afford to get her fixed. When I heard that someone wanted to buy Betsy, being the impatient person that I am, I jumped at the chance to add a little cash in my pocket. I failed to look at the bigger picture. If I could have just been patient and saved my money, no matter how long it would’ve taken me to get my car fixed. I would always have a car waiting for me back at home. I am constantly reminded of my mistake every time I have to beg my mother to use her car. From this, I have learned not to worry about the things I can and cannot fix. This is why I believe patience is a virtue.