Ryan - castle rock, Colorado
Themes: illness, pleasure

What would the world be like if there were only positive thoughts? If every one was happy, would people live longer or have higher life quality.

When people get sick or something is wrong with them, most the time they count how much time is left or keep thinking about all of the bad things that has happened to them. If they focused on the positive than the negative, then things would be better. They may not live as long but their quality of life would be higher therefore a feeling of a longer life will exist. It may be some sort of spiritual thing inside the body when happiness occurs. It acts as some sort of medication to help things such as a cancer or mental illness.

My grandma was diagnosed with Adenocarcanoma in 2001. She was not expected to live very long after the diagnosis. She was on a lot of medication to help the cancer but everyone knew that she was going to die of cancer. When we were around her, we pretended that the cancer was not there and the wig was her actual hair. We all decided to Stay positive. One night my mom and dad brought me and my sister into their room. The first thought that went into my head was “grandma’s cancer is gone!” It wasn’t. They called my sister and me in to tell us that we were going on a cruise. I would have rather heard that grandma was better. As long as grandma was alive, I always believed that she was going to eliminate all the cancer, she didn’t. However, I believe the positive energy helped her live longer than she was expected. She died a couple years later but she lived a more happy and fulfilled life because we always said that she was going to get better.

I am not saying that happiness will make cancer go away and should be a substitute for scientific medication, but it can’t hurt. Even when it doesn’t make a sickness go a way it feels like they lived a better, more successful life. Happiness is the best way of getting through rough times or get through a sickness. This I believe.