Jaimie - Ashtabula, Ohio

God has a Plan for Everyone

A lot of people make mistakes in life that will inevitably hurt their future, whether it is from injuries or making bad choices in life.

My senior football season started on a great note. My first scrimmage was going perfectly. It was a nice hot day, the grass was soft, and I was feeling as strong and healthy as ever. It felt like time was going by at an hour a minute and my anticipation level was high, especially while waiting for our opponents to show up. When they did show up, I was feeling amazing. I was running the ball great and my blocking was phenomenal; I felt like I was untouchable. The first part of the scrimmage was just about to conclude, but I was still feeling eager for more, I wanted every play. I was hungry for success and was not going to let anyone get in my way of success.

I think that’s when God punished me for my cockiness. While I was running the ball, I ran through an opening with all my speed and might and hit the opponents middle linebacker as hard as I could. I dragged him for almost seven yards, until he finally dropped to my ankle and pulled. That’s when I heard a “POP,” and I knew I was in big trouble.

In my opinion, God didn’t want things to come easy for me, he wanted to me to work hard to reach my goals. I feel as though I worked so hard for what I have accomplished but things still came easily to me in high school, especially when it came to playing football. My strength and ability made me more competitive than the average player. I feel as though I was a bit too cocky, and in turn the Lord punished me for that.

My whole life seemed to flash in front of my eyes. I felt as though everything I had worked for was taken away from me due to this injury. The whole team was around me, with lost hope in their eyes, as I struggled to get to my feet. It was the first time in my life when I didn’t know what to feel. Should I cry? Should I be strong for my team? I took this experience to heart, and realized that this is what God’s plan was for me, and that I just needed to keep my head up and work hard to make a full recovery.

At the time I felt like all my college chances were limited, that everything was taken from me and I had to start from scratch again

However, I worked hard my whole senior year and got strong and back into the swing of things. Now I feel God’s plan for me has worked to my advantage. I am on a successful team with high hopes and a team that pushes me to my full potential.