Alex - Highlands Ranch, Colorado

This I believe that every one knows they’re capabilities. They know how far they can push their selves in every aspect of their life. Why would someone not give one hundred percent? It is the key to success in life. To be happy in life, one must first have a desire to be happy. Because one would have a desire to be happy in life, they would strive for it and do everything they are capable of to achieve it. I find that when I am in a position that I need to show my best and do everything that I am capable of to achiveve my goal, I do it. Whether I need to put everything I can and commit to a sport or an academic goal I am striving to achieve. I will put forth everything that I can.

Abraham Maslow once said, ”If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life.” I believe this statement is very true. I often do my best to stay true to this and do my best to never give anything less than one hundred percent of my capabilities. I have always been told by people that matter in my life such as authorities and people with more experience than I have, to always do your best. I remember the feeling of satisfaction when the next more difficult concept is comprehended by me or a person I am helping understand. Often, I understand a concept and someone else might not. This would be just another example of when I would be expressing the best way to go about the task at hand.

My friend who had much more experience at many things than I did told me that if I never gave my all, I would never surpass them in my athletic abilities. She was an athlete that participated in track at her school. She was very fast and had great endurance. From the time she told me to do my best, I did when ever I was playing a neighborhood game of football or lacrosse with school. I soon surpassed her in endurance and speed. That taught me that if I want to achieve something, I should do my best all the time.

I go about my life with the most of my abilities. I frequently express my utmost of my capabilities on the sports field. When other players do not give all that they can and go at a fifty percent level of intensity, it makes me unhappy because I know that if they were to strive and pull for their goal. If a person would be willing to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve their main goal, that goal would be achieved. This I believe