Justin - Saco, Maine

THIS I BELIEVE- Just be yourself. Everyone in modern day society are less individual then they have ever been. It is easier to identify this among teenagers and younger adults. We are not as individual and independent as we ought to be. People worry too much about how they dress, or how they look, who their friends are and how much money their family has. If the world could only look at everyone for who they really are then we as a nation would be less cruel to one another and become more united as one. Big Hollywood names, pop stars, rap artists and the mega rich portray a life style everyone wants to have. But the reality of it is that you cant, not everyone is a millionaire, not everyone has a ferrari or mercedes benz. What everyone does have are their individual characteristics that make us who we are, not who we are trying to be. In my school we have different “ clicks” and “groups” of kids who only hang out and talk to others in that group. Its sad to know that today when a classmate that is in the same grade as you are, but in a different group of friends says hello or asks to be your lab partner is laughed at or made fun of and even ignored by the other person. The world is filled with criticism, some good, and some bad, but we all have one thing in common, we are Americans. Be yourself, make your own path and destiny, you can only be successful if you do what you think is right and make your own decisions. Don’t let people tell you how to live your life because it isn’t theirs to live. Treat others how you want to be treated, dress how you want to dress and no matter what life style you have, LIVE HOW YOU WANT TO LIVE and be WHO YOU WANT TO BE.