Andrew - Royal Oak, Michigan
Themes: Christianity

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the words, “This I believe”? Do you think of a declamation, a sentence a statement? An answer to a question, a question without an answer? Or do you think of an ideal that you hold close to your heart with passion and emotion? As I look at this phrase, three words, four syllables, I can’t help but think of the creed that proclaims my faith. And trust me, This I Believe.

I believe in the Father, the God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth. I believe in His Power, His Mystery, and the goodness He brings to all. I believe that He is present everywhere; in sky and in soil, in you and in me. Everyday, He gives light to the darkness, in the Kingdom that has no end. He touches billions of lives, and loves us as His children. I believe in the Grace of His presence; I believe in the journey to His Kingdom. God created the Earth and said, “This is very good.” And trust me, this I believe.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only son of God. I believe in the sanctity of His creation, the teachings of His mission, and the joy of His resurrection. I believe in His holiness and purity, His 100% divinity and 100% humanity. He graced the hopeless with compassion and love. His miracles gave the sick health, the blind sight, and the lame step. Jesus’ last words on this Earth were, “I am with you always, until the end of the age.” And trust me, This I Believe.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life. I believe in His procession fro the Father and the Son. I believe in His arrival at Pentecost and His blessings during the initiations of faith. He comes in the symbols of the wind, the dove. I believe in the miracles of the tongues of fire, in the divinity of His holy presence. The Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit and proclaimed Jesus’ Word. And trust me, This I Believe.

Proclamation, initiation, temptation, justification. Three Gods in One, One God in three; the divinity of the Holy Majesty. The gift of life; a life worth living. Blessings sent down from the heavens are giving. I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe in eternal happiness; the life of the world to come. And trust me, This I Believe.

So take some time to examine your own life. Ponder, study, think, about what makes your life worth living. The next time you are alone, take some time to truly, deeply, honestly, ask yourself, “What comes to mind when I hear the words, ‘This I Believe’?”