Shandi - Hazel Green, Alabama
Themes: purpose

Everything Happens for a Reason

It is so easy to get caught up in life and appreciate the things that matter the most. Exams, papers, quizzes, classes, meetings, and work seem to be the normal elements that make up any college student’s day. Outside of school, there is a force that can overtake all emotions if you let it. That force is a relationship. Sometimes, we fail at school. Sometimes relationships dwindle and eventually break. After experiencing a wide array of ups and downs through high school and college, I have finally found peace within myself. The reason I have been able to overcome obstacles and be humble with my success is due to my belief that everything happens for a reason.

I first realized my belief was true when I was in high school. Long days of cheerleading practice, preparing for the ACT, and deciding which college to go to completely stressed me out. I finally let all of my tension go and decided to let things happen the way they needed to. If something didn’t work out with the decision I had made, some other event would take place for a certain purpose.

Over the years I have learned that you shouldn’t dwell in self pity or constantly worry about the future. So what if it seems all of your friends are getting married and you don’t even have a boyfriend? So what if a friend just received a really awesome job and you haven’t even graduated from college? All of these thoughts have gone through my head so many times, and each time I think to myself that it shouldn’t even matter at all. There is a reason I don’t have a boyfriend; right now my focus is on school, and my prince charming will show up when I least expect it. When I graduate college and actually start job hunting, I will find a really good job.

Believing there is a reason for everything is constantly coming to mind anytime something happens in my life, good or bad. There is a purpose behind everything; it just may take time to realize what that purpose is.