Jamie - Scottsdale, Arizona

Religion

“We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another”

– Jonathan Swift

One of the main reasons why Europeans back then immigrated to North America was to have freedom of religion. But have we forgotten our own countries past? And how we ended up where we are?

Everybody has different views and opinions on religion. But is it that hard to point out? I mean, most people wouldn’t know what the definition of religion is if you asked them. Most people view religion wrong and have the wrong ideas of it. Some people think religion is what you believe in. Some people think it’s what makes them happy. Some people do not even believe in religion. I personally, being born in a Christian family, am not perfect. Just because I say I’m a Christian doesn’t mean I am a perfect being. I sin. We all sin. Humans have a sin nature, no matter what religion you are.

I believe in God. But even demons believe in God. “Religion” and “Christianity” are different to me. Religion is just what you believe in. Christianity is having a relationship with Christ. Most people have those confused. But it is natural for people to be confused at first if they don’t get into it. My mother always said- “you can’t judge a book by its cover.” That is the same thing with religion. Don’t judge it if you’re not educated with it. That is the most problems with religions and churches these days. They tend to be bias about others. They only want to show you their side and automatically think that other religions are bad.

Being a Christian, or any other religions, have to be taken seriously. You can’t say you are a Christian, but then in your “outside of church” life, be a totally different person. That’s just being a hypocrite. But then again, we humans have a sin nature. And I personally do not believe in religions that require good works. You just got to have faith and believe in what you believe.