Britney - New Philadelphia, Ohio
Themes: death, gratitude

I Believe In the Value of Life

Working as a nursing assistant helped me realize how valuable life really is. Just recently, I was at work and we had a fairly young patient who was dieing. Friends and family were at her bedside talking to her about cherished events that had happened and things that will be remembered. They were all trying to talk to her and let her know that they were there for her. As I watched her take her last breathe, it hit me

that she was so young and she had kids that wanted her to be there with them.

As the family and friends were mourning over her death, I realized how lucky and grateful I am to have life. It is a good feeling to know that I still have my family and friends that love me. Some people take life’s gifts for granted. They do not see the importance in life. People do not really know what they have until it is gone. Each life is a valuable gift. One person dies and then one little life is born. I believe that each life is like a flower that grows and blooms into something beautiful. The flower grows tall and strong. Then slowly starts to wilt and die. Its buds fly through the air and then float gracefully down to the ground and plant themselves back into the ground. Then a new flower emerges.

I believe that people just need to sit back and enjoy what they have. Cherish each and every moment that you have like it is your last. I believe that life is to short to waist on what you should have or could have done. Make each and every memory count. I tell my loved ones how much I love them and how much I need them, because I never know if one day I wake up and they are not there or I am no longer there.

Another thing is that no one should dwell on the past. If you have realized that you have done something wrong, do not grieve over it, just do it better the next time. Always, “Live like you were dieing”. Do the impossible no matter how hard you think it is. Never say that you can not do something, just remember it can always be done.

The great value of life is what I believe